International Property Consultancy
Associate Director/Director – Student Accommodation Valuations, UK & Europe
Commensurate with experience – Circa £55,000 and above
Student Accommodation is increasingly regarded as a mainstream investment sector, and an opportunity has arisen for an Associate Director or Director to support the expansion of our valuation business in the UK and Europe. This is a very wide ranging and busy valuation role with international opportunities, ideal for someone with leadership ability who wants to progress their career working with some of the largest client companies active in the student accommodation sector. It will include taking a lead role with some of our most important regular fund clients, and also reporting on interesting one-off assignments for banks and other finance parties which are often in connection with high profile transactions.
• Preparing valuations and reports for investors and banks (short and long form), with assistance from more junior team members
• Being a client lead for regular fund valuations for specialist student sector funds and institutional clients
• Assignments could be anywhere in the UK and/or continental Europe, with particular focus on Ireland, Spain and the Netherlands
• Assistance with Business development, which may in the form of handling repeat business, attending networking events and client presentations.
• At Director level, we will look for relevant sector knowledge, contacts within the sector and further business generation potential. You must be able to handle the responsibility of signing off larger valuations and have the leadership ability to supervise more junior team members up to AD level.
• At Associate Director level, you would be required to lead projects, prepare valuation numbers with assistance from more junior team members from Apprentice up to Senior Surveyor level.
• Experience of interfacing with clients appropriately
• Must have a solid grasp of income driven investment valuations and development appraisals.
• Willingness to travel to university towns anywhere in the UK and in Europe.
• Ideally, we are looking for someone who can lead on international mandates (as well as the UK).
• Ability to build working relationships with colleagues in other teams.
• Willingness to work in a slightly specialised niche sector is absolutely essential.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Strong analytical and research skills and the tenacity to ‘follow up’
• Willingness to engage with assignments which may be out of the ordinary.
• Able to ‘tune in’ to a team project and work alongside others and also work autonomously
• Able to help work out logical answers and solutions to issues arising.
• A high level of IT skills is required for this role – you will need to be a proficient end user in Excel and Word as a minimum; you will also use Powerpoint and Argus Developer on a regular basis. Knowledge of Tableau and Argus Enterprise an advantage but not essential.