International Real Estate Consultancy
Commercial Building Surveyor to Senior Building Surveyor (1-5 years PQE). London, UK
Our client, a leading international commercial real estate firm, is looking for a Building Surveyor or Senior Building Surveyor (1-5 years PQE) to join their 70 strong team in prime Central London. They provide services across the core sectors (office, industrial, retail and hotel) as well as many specialised property types.
With an average valuation of £60 million, the projects are high end and international. A recent acquisition has made the team well renowned and given access to a larger and superior client base.
With corporate properties in Europe strategically placed to serve larger clients, there’s room for a Surveyor to travel and make a name for themselves across boarders.
The role will require the successful candidate to provide Building Surveying and Contract Administration Services to both Landlord and Occupier clients in the office, industrial, retail, licensed & leisure and private healthcare sectors. Whilst the Surveyor will based in the London office you may occasionally also be required to service instructions overseas. You will be expected to take ownership of client instructions, engaging directly with the client and being responsible for financial control of the instruction, including the raising of fee accounts and working towards meeting an individual annual fee target.
- Technical Due Diligence (Pre-Acquisition Building Surveyors)
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations for Landlords and Tenants
- Schedules of Condition
- Party Wall Matters
- Building Insurance Reinstatement Cost Assessments
- Preparation of Specifications and Contract Documents for repair, refurbishment, alteration and fit-out projects
- Personally producing work for Clients in accordance with the division’s performance and best practice standards
- Meeting personal performance targets.
- Continuously improving, and adding to, personal skills and knowledge base.
- Maintaining contact with Clients and RM’s so that relationships can be effectively and efficiently managed
- Seeking to develop new business, including cross-selling, identification of new business markets/sectors, and product improvement
- Maintaining excellent business awareness
- Maintaining an understanding of, and help achieve, the goals of the Department
- The candidate will also be expected to participate and support the department’s business development activities, and represent the department at both internal and external networking events
- In addition to servicing the clients of the Building Surveying and Project Management Division, the candidate will also be expected to work as part of a team in receiving and processing instructions referred to the department from property management and agency teams also based in the Manchester office.
Qualifications and experience
- Must possess the relevant degree of practical experience as a Building Surveyor within the commercial property market. Circa 1-5 years PQE.
- Must be an MRICS qualified Building Surveyor and possess good technical and market knowledge.