My client is looking for a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor/Associate Director to join their highly successful Valuation team as it seeks to grow and continually enhance the service offered to clients. My client has strong ties with both the public and private sector and clients include banks, debt funds, developers, Local Authorities, government departments, the NHS, infrastructure providers and football clubs. The role is varied and my client prides itself on giving its staff the chance to have a role which doesn’t hog itself to one specific thing, as such there is plenty of scope for the successful candidate to get involved in a wide range of projects.
You will be carrying out commercial valuations for loan security purposes on varying lot sizes across London and the South East. As well as increasingly complex valuation models, my client is looking for individuals who want to join them on their journey of pushing valuation boundaries and matching their client’s needs. You’ll need to be good at Excel and financial modelling to perform at the desired level. The roles present an exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking valuation practices and advise a variety of UK and international clients on an extensive range of asset types, from major mixed-use regeneration projects to trophy office buildings, from sports stadia to hospitals. The service lines offered are also diverse, and include valuation, lease advisory and strategic real estate (including preparing business cases).
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist on all instructions, from start to finish
- Inspect and measure properties of varying use types
- Review and summarise lease and title documents and assess their impact on value
- Undertake and draw conclusions from statutory enquiries
- Collate, verify and analyse market evidence/trends and all relevant factors that influence value
- Apply knowledge of the RICS Red Book and other relevant guidance
- Use Excel as well as Argus Enterprise and Developer to prepare valuations
- Undertake drafting of valuation reports and advisory notes
- Undertake direct communication with clients and auditors
- Mentor, manage and train graduates and more junior team members
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- MRICS and RICS Registered Valuer status preferred, but not essential
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Team player
- High service delivery skills with strong attention to detail
- Committed and organised
- Experienced user of Excel and Argus
- Understanding and experience of cash flow models
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full driving licence
Please give me a call to discuss (Sam) 07917 042 950.
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter with over 5 years experience in the industry. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to discuss your options I’d love to hear from you.