One of our clients has an exciting opportunity available for a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor/Associate Director within their Retail valuations team based out of their London office. The team specialises in valuing a mix of retail, shopping centre, leisure, retail park and high street properties for a wide range of clients including investors, banks, insurance companies, institutional funds, REITS, public and private companies. They also undertake annual & quarterly valuations as well as one-off stuff and occupational work too.
This role will require you to carry out valuations on a variety of properties but with an emphasis on retail and to assist the partner in developing key client relationships. Your role will also comprise of:
- Assist in the delivery of loan security valuations and be able to produce valuations using AE/Kel and to be able to justify the methodology coherently
- Assist in the delivery of an annual retail portfolio as well as some monthly and quarterly funds
- Liaising with the client and other colleagues in the business
- Produce valuation reports on time and with accuracy
- Take an active role in undertaking research for the team
- Act as a mentor to junior members of the team
Person Specification / Requirements:
- MRICS qualified or equivalent. Registered Valuer preferable
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ideally working knowledge of AE and Kel
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, enabling the development of good relationships with both clients and colleagues. Retail is very technical
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, in fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Passionate about the retail sector
- Attitude and aptitude huge factors
This role will be an opportunity for you to work within an exciting and fast-paced environment with a broad client portfolio. It gives you a chance to become a recognised expert quicker as a result, people will want your views due to your experience.